The Andrews Research & Education Foundation’s (AREF) Surgical Skills Laboratory is conveniently located on site with the Andrews Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Institute. An integral part of our fellowship, education, and research programs, the bioskills lab provides physicians and physician fellows hands-on training and the opportunity to practice with the latest surgical techniques and orthopaedic devices. Furthermore, through advanced technology and full connectivity throughout the facility, participants can learn by viewing as well as following live procedures as they are broadcasted into on-site classrooms and conference room.
The 2,000 square feet of lab space offers ample work space, storage for equipment, and houses the walk-in deep freezer and medical fridge for tissue preservation. Each of the available seven stations is equipped with arthroscopy capabilities, cadaver stands, and hardware for specimen staging. For convenience, the lab coordinator can arrange for specimen ordering, lab set-up/clean-up, and tissue disposal. We also offer catering through the Legends Café for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and/or snacks. It is our goal to ensure that all needs are met to facilitate a professional and enjoyable learning experience.
If you are interested in hosting a lab at AREF, please contact Drew Skidmore at (850) 916-8591 or drew.skidmore@AndrewsREF.org. After identifying individual lab needs, an estimate based off our competitive rates will be provided within 3-5 days.
“The surgical skills lab at the Andrews Research & Education Foundation is equipped with everything needed to support an effective cadaver lab. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful!”
-Chris Hotary, Director of Marketing, RTI Surgical
- 2,000 square feet of lab space
- Complete set-up for cadaver staging and testing
- Lab time is available seven days a week: morning, afternoon, and evening
- Built in digital audio-visual equipment
- 5 dissection stations each equipped with arthroscopic capabilities
- Open to all surgical specialties
- General instrumentation, dissection equipment, and C-arm rental available
- Catering services for breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided through Legends Café
- Discounted hotel accommodations on beautiful Pensacola Beach
- Transportation arrangement and shuttle services available
- Multiple rooms available with or without use of lab
- Free WiFi available throughout the facility